The Brass Onion - Leawood KS


New and Crafty



Call me parochial, call me insular, call me narrow, but since I don’t live out there, going south is sometimes a bit of a trial.  So I’m thrilled when something opens out there that’s worthy of comment.  That’s the newest restaurant, the Brass Onion, the concept developed by Brancato Family Catering with whom you may already be familiar.  This Prairiefire place was/is somewhat of revelation.




I only have space today to talk about their cocktails.  Fortunately, that’s one of my favorite topics. Besides an extensive list of the usual (and not so usual) beer and wine suspects, they have a program where they age their booze in 10-liter oak barrels for 40 days.  These rotate and when you go, ask for what’s special for that day.  They make their own shrubs and syrups, too and you’ll be impressed by the variety at this impressive bar.  If you’re a real martini fan (as opposed to a cosmo or lemon drop fan), you should probably try their Gibson – choose from among three gins or five vodkas.




Some of their craft drinks are available (along with great bites) for their happy hours – from 3-6p.m. and their reverse which begins at 9 p.m.  But they’re good enough to throw happy-hour-cheapfulness to the wind, and order them anytime.  Up next?  I’m trying more of their “low country,” but upscale comfort food.  Stay tuned . . . 


The Brass Onion

5501 West 135th Street
Overland Park, KS 66224
Ph. 913.851.5940       

The Brass Onion Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments