Morton's Grille

Maybe the Worst Plaza Location . . . but Food is PRIME!









Ok we stopped for lunch, but it was all good. Oysters on the half-shell* MKT Cilantro Mignonette were eminently scarfable.  You have to walk to Morton's Grille -- it's where M&S Grille was but this new place is worthier of the walk.  I was told by Brad Smith, General Manager, that soon there would be a valet (for 7  bucks) but we just parked behind the place, sorta.

We're seating outside with a beautiful weather and our service was delightful.  If I could remember her name, I'd tell you to ask for her, but all the waitress were nice.  And they actually give recommendations, highly important in my book -- not just the old, "Oh, everything is great" which turns me purple.  Good drinks, too, also necessary to a bar.  Duh.

I think this place will be a worthy entry into the happy hour market in KC -- and for regular hours as well.   Wine and beer $4-5.  Nearly 20 items $8 or less, all off the regular menu could only make you happy, too.  Everything from burgers to steaks to fish on the menu -- it's a big one so there's lots for you (and me) to sample.

Portabello STEAK Fries 12
Parmesan Breadcrumbs, Blue Cheese-Tomato Fondue, Balsamic Glaze

Right now, there's maybe three places in the Plaza I like besides this one.   I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours . . .

4646 J.C. Nichols Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64112
Ph. 816-531-7799 
Website
        
Morton's Grille on Urbanspoon

Comments