Dear Valued Guests & Friends:
We just got back from our trip to Peru & Chile. We are very excited to present to you our new series of wines tastings from our wine tour to Chile. Our first wine tour in Chile was Conch y Toro Winery in Maipo Valley which is the largest winery in Chile. Concha y Toro produces wines that are affordable to high end wines. We were fortunate to taste their high end series of Terrunyo, Marques de Casa Concha, Ribera & Don Melchor. Chile's climate & geography produces unbelievable wines which we will present to you.
We are very excited to present to you 5 wines from different valleys of Chile that are highly rated.
1) We will be starting with the Terrunyo Riesling, a dry style 100% riesling from the Block 6, Los Baldos Vineyard in the Casablanca Valley closer to the Pacific Ocean which is rated 87 points from the Wine Spectator. These wines come from the specific block of the best vineyards.
2) The second wine, we will be tasting from the Grand Reserva Serie Riberas Chardonnay (Grand Reserve River Series) from the Colchagua Valley in Central Chile which received the Silver Medal in International Wine & Spirits Competition. The 100% chardonnay comes from Ucquer vineyard which is located on south bank of the Rapel river. The rivers are snow fed from the Andes that brings in rich minerals & the sea breeze from the West is allowed to reach these river side vineyards creating a cool micro-climate for slow maturation process.
3) The third wine will be a Marques de Casa Concha Carmenere which received 90 points from Wine Spectator Smart Buy. The 100% Carmenere is the iconic red wine of Chile. The wines are single vineyard that hand picked from the Peumo Vineyard in Rapel Valley that isestate bottles with limited production. This wine is also aged 18 months in French oak.
4) Chile also known for the the Cabernet Sauvignon of which we will also sample the Don Melchor ultra premium wine. The wine comes from Puento Alto vineyard from the Maipo Valley from 25-30 year old vines that are hand harvested in April. The wine is aged in French oak for 15 months & further 12 months in the bottle before release. 94 points from James Suckling.
5) Finally a dessert wine that is very unique -- Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc that is unlike any other wines which has small amounts of Riesling & Gewurztraminer.
Our second & equally important part of this wine tasting is the Farm to Table concept showcasing our local partner & organic farmer, Maggie's Farm in North Lawrence, Kansas. The owners, Barbara & David Clark have been very gracious to host the Farm to Table dinner at their farm. All the courses will be matched with produce, herbs & fruits from the farm. Our Chef/Co-Owner, Armando Paniagua has made a wonderful 5 Courses Tasting Menu matching the award winning wines from Concha y Toro to the food grown by our own local farmer, Maggie's Farm. We have attached the menu FYI.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
at 6 pm
at Maggie's Farm, 2050 E. 1550 Road, Lawrence, KS 66044. Phone 785-842-4102 (Outdoor event)*
$85/person (not inclusive of tax & gratuity)
Now taking reservations
Please call 785-842-0300
* Weather permitting. If the weather is bad, the tasting will be held at Genovese.
** Out door event, please dress warm.
*** Maggie's Farm is 15 minutes from Downtown Lawrence. Directions are attached.
**** Shuttle service - We will rent a van to shuttle guests if required. Please inform us if you require a shuttle.
We look forward to a fun filled evening at the Farm to Table wine tasting from Concha y Toro & the also show casing our local partner, Maggie's Farm. We will have limited seating at this event so please make your reservations early.