What can I do with these 2 beautiful eggplant from our garden?
- 2 eggs, beaten with 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 oignon
- 1 garlic
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to temperature 375°F
- Dip each eggplant slice in beaten egg, and dredge with breadcrumbs.
- Arrange the eggplant slices in the bottom of baking dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray
- Cooked them until brown on each sides. (20 minutes)
- Slice onion and garlic and cooked them in olive oil (5 minutes)
- add the tomato sauce - cooked for few more minutes
- Preheat oven to temperature 400°F
- Arrange half the eggplant slices in the bottom of baking dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Spread half the sauce over top. Sprinkle with half the mozzarella and half the Parmesan. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 20 minutes