Lamb Stew

I don't pretend to be a blogger but I can say my food tastes good! As usually, this morning I went to Cosco. I was thinking to do a roast lamb but my kids don't really like it this way.  So I decided to do a stew! Now this is very simple recipe - you can find different version of the recipe and it is called "navarin of lamb" - the trick it has to cook for a minimum of 3 hours!

Anyway, it tastes good!


 

Ingredients


  • 2 yellow onions
  • 1 cup cooking oil, divided
  • 1 1/2 gallons chicken stock
  • 1/2 head garlic
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 leg of lamb
  • 3 cups dry white wine
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
  • Your choice fresh herbs, minced, to taste

Directions:

  1. Trim the meat of fat and connective tissue, then cut in 3/4 inch cubes.
  2. In a large dutch oven of the butter/oil saute onion & garlic till golden and set aside.
  3. Add flour to the meat
  4. In what remains of the butter/oil in the pan, saute the lamb till browned
  5. Pour in the chicken stock stock and wine mix thoroughly. Salt & pepper.
  6. Add back the onions & garlice and let it cook for 3 hours.

Bon Appetit!

 

Comments