Pierpont's

We sat in the comfy, warm "Rose Room", so named by regulars for the beautiful painting that hangs on one of its walls. We were offered prompt, friendly yet unintruding service throughout the meal.

I started it out with a hot cup of English Grey, offered to me from an enticing selection in a fine wooden box patiently held by our server while I struggled to make up my mind. My husband had a cold ice tea with a small, flavorful lemon slice. We both had the walnut and pear salad sprinkled with blue cheese and paired with a sensual chocolate based sauce. After that, I dove into a generous ribeye steak served with fluffly smashed potatoes and slightly crunchy baby asparagus. My husband tried the delicious fish n chips: three big breaded cod fillets with meaty steak fries accompanied by a large lemon wedge.

For dessert, we shared the creamy, lemony cheesecake with cups of hot, flavorful fresh coffee.

I can't wait to eat here again! More Details

Comments