Making a Place Even More Special

Today I’m writing about something I’ve not attended so I’m basing this on (very reliable) hearsay and the past success of this on-going event.  I’m talking about the Gaslight Grill in Leawood -- you know, that’s the place where they have live jazz music five nights a week and a great happy hour Sunday through Friday, a cool bar and a lovely patio. Specifically, what I’m talking about is their monthly special, where Chef Michael Hall does, really, whatever strikes his creative fancy and what’s fresh and delish.  He’s fixed wild boar and wagyu ribeye and Dover sole (VERY unusual here) and does all kinds of unique interpretations – and this special dish is offered along with their 28 or so entrĂ©es.

For August, it’s a fresh sockeye salmon which began last week and will continue as long as the fish are jumping and immediately flown to the restaurant.  And next month, as Fall is soon upon us (gasp), Chef Hall has committed to individually sized beef Wellingtons. I love the fact that these monthly specials are available every evening (until the supply runs out, that is) which means you could enjoy them with a wine for instance that’s 50% off if it’s less than $50 and 25% off if it’s over $50 on Sundays.  But you can order the monthly feature any night.


So I have Gaslight Grill down as a must-again-go destination for August or September – I’ll let you know if I go for the salmon or the beef.  Or, maybe both.  Great food is always its own reason.  

Gaslight Grill
5020 West 137th Street 
Leawood, KS 66224 
Ph. 913-897-3540 

Comments