Looking for a Different Experience?

A Surprising Experience 

The other day, right around my favorite time (yes, that would be happy hour time), I wandered into Fogo de Chao on the Plaza. I wasn’t looking for the full Brazilian churrasco experience but I did want a little something . . . and a drink. So it was a double-nice surprise when some complimentary appetizers came with my drink. Beers and bites are available for $4 and their Brazilian inspired cocktails are $8 – so of course, I was forced to order a caipirinha (cachaça, which is sorta like white rum, limes, cane sugar). 
empanadas

In talking with the bartender, I found out that during lunch, you can get their Market Table and Fiojoada Bar for just $15 – about the same price as any nice lunch on the Plaza. It’s $27 at dinner time and both include a huge selection of come-back-as-much-as-you-want “sides” – some of which seemed like main course alternatives to me. There are the soups, salads, charcuterie with all kinds of meats and cheeses, smoked salmon – I think if you can name it, it’s probably here. And if you’re a vegetarian – oh my, there’s plenty here. And I didn’t know what feijoada is – it’s a traditional black bean stew with sausage that’s served over rice and you get to season it yourself with fresh orange, malagueta hot sauce and something called farofa which is baked yucca flour with bacon. Next time . . . 
chixsliders

 A little quick research told me Fogo has around 40 locations in this country – and they’re growing. It tells me they’re definitely doing it right. I really liked that I didn’t have to do the full deal – I AM trying to eat lighter this summer and I can still do it at Fogo and have a great time in a pretty place.


Fogo de Chao
222 West 47th Street 
Kansas City, MO 64112 
Ph. 816-931-7700 

Fogo de Chão Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments