Cap Your Night with Breakfast

Breakfast Kansas City

Night Dreams

W.C. Fields said, “I must have a drink of breakfast.” I don’t believe he was among those strange, strange people in the world who proudly assert, “Really, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.” Now I like breakfast quite a bit, if someone else is cooking it for me, but my very favorite meals usually include wine. Or bourbon. Fortunately, I’ve found a place who offers just what I want – depending how you look at it, a quite late or very early breakfast, conceivably with drinks.

Yeah, I am talking about Cleaver & Cork’s late(r) night breakfast menu that they begin serving at 10 p.m. What a dream. A reverse happy hour in the Power and Light District works for me and it has also worked for the year + old restaurant as practice for their first brunch on Mother’s Day, May 8th. And the plan is to stay open for further Sunday brunches.
Sweet Potato Hash with BBQ Pork Shoulder

Whether it’s salted-caramel French toast sticks with bourbon maple syrup or a unique take on a classic poutine or just perfectly done eggs atop a rustic hash, the menu is fairly short, quite distinctive – and is still revolving and evolving. Add Roasterie coffee and other “special” drinks designed to pair and you’ve got a reason to stop and top off your evening.

Why did it take so long for someone to think of this? No more greasy diners at 1 a.m. – I’ll have already have eaten that first meal of the day at Cleaver & Cork, demolishing that perfect nightcap in the truest sense of the word. Breakfast.

Cleaver & Cork
1333 Walnut Street 
Kansas City, MO 64106 
Ph. 816-541-3484 
website

Comments